Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March/April Edition of HomeFront Monthly

I am so excited about this month's HomeFront Monthly and the topic you will be talking about at home that I will support at the church from week to week.  For the next four weeks, together we will be challenging our kids to step out of their traditional comfort zones and into an understanding of what it means to rely on the Holy Spirit.

This month, with the help of HomeFront and weekly teaching, your family will examine the routines and boundaries you've come to take comfort in. Our prayer is that you would risk stepping outside of this comfort and experience a new dependence on Christ and His love.

This Month in HomeFront
  • Comfort Jars
  • Freeze Dance Marathon
  • Wisdom on Marriage
  • Family Food Time (Mystery Fruit Salad)

The Next 4 Weeks in KidQuest
  • March 20 -- Jesus Heals the Paralytic
  • March 27 -- Jesus Heals the Leper
  • April 3 -- Faith of the Centurion
  • April 10 -- Remember and Celebrate
The Next 4 Weeks in FirstLook
  • March 20 -- Lost Sheep
  • March 27 -- Zacchaeus
  • April 3 -- Heaven
  • April 10 -- Remember and Celebrate
Memorizing Scripture can be an incredible practice to engage in as a family. But words in and of themselves will not necessarily transform us; it is God's Spirit in these words that transforms. We come to know God more when we are willing to open our hearts and receive the Holy Spirit throug the words we memorize. Have fun with these verses, and think of creative ways to invite your family to open up to God as they commit these verses to memory.

KidQuest Memory Verse
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -- Galatians 2:20

FirstLook Memory Verse
"I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." -- Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment