Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Made My Day!

I received a text today from the Mom of one of my 3rd grade students and it made my day. 

You see, today is VBS office clean up day and isn't very exciting or awe inspiring to do more ministry. So when I got this text and finally was able to get the picture large enough to read, I was so pumped about what is happening in the children's ministry here at WCC.  

It also reminds me that I am not in this alone.  The parents are walking right beside me in the journey to teach their children about Christ.  I take very little credit for what is written on the page below. I know my 40 hours a year with the student don't come close to comparing with the 3000 hours the parents have.  I am so glad I can support parents in a way that enables them to help their kids grasp their own personal relationship with Christ!

Here is the body of the text, followed by the picture that was attached to it...

“Look what I just found when I opened XXXXXXXXXX's writing journal from this past school year. It opened right to this page! He really is listening to us and creating his own relationship! I was getting ready to throw the notebook away but think I’ll keep it now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment