Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Child Dedication Day

I have been working on stuff for Child Dedication Day today.  This is now the 3rd year I have been able to plan this event for our families and it is really one of my favorite "special" weekends of the year to plan and be a part of and today's blog post is about why I love it so much.

I love to plan for this event because I get to see all the new kids little ones we have at the church.  We open up CDD to families who have had a baby in the past year, have started coming to church here in the last year and have a child under the age of 3, and any children that have been adopted in the past year. Because I do not have much contact with the kids in our nursery, it gives me a chance to begin to be a part of their live, meet their parents, and most importantly a time to pray over them while I prepare for this special day. It is so fun to talk to parents as they talk about their little child, to see their face and the smile these little ones bring to them is priceless.
I also love to plan this event because it reminds me of three extremely important responsibilities.
  • It reminds me of my responsibility to my son and continuing to show him who Christ is in my own life and also his.  Deuteronomy 6 is so clear that I have a responsibility to give him every chance I have to model who Christ is as our Father and give him every chance to make his own life long commitment to Christ. What a huge responsibility and I think that is my greatest responsibility of all.
  • I have a responsibility, as the children's minister to help grow these kids to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. There is just something special about having an opportunity week in and week out to invest in the spiritual lives of all these kids that walk through the doors of Wentzville Christian Church.  What an honor that is to have parents bring their kids to me and my team so we can help teach them about Christ.
    • Ephesians 4:10-12 says this and I know I am called by God to teach, so God has given me the gifts to the body of Christ can be built up
    • He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe. So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.
  • I remember my responsibility to help parents train up their child in the ways of the Lord.  I strive to help you as parents have tools and resources that make teaching your kids about Christ's love.  If there is any way I can help you teach the ways of the Lord to your kids, please let me know so I can help.
I also love to be a part of this day because I have a chance to again see the joy on the faces of these parents who are having their children dedicated to the Lord.  I also love my opportunity to share with the church their obligation to partner with me and the parents to help train these kids up in the ways of Christ.  I also love to see the church's faces as they see these beautiful kids being brought to them.

Thank you so much for this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment